On average, premium costs for employer-sponsored health care have grown much more slowly than in previous years before ACA. What will happen now under the Trump/Ryan’s replacement (aka Trumpcare)? All indications are that those costs will rise and that means get ready to return to the days when health care dominated bargaining and ate up wage increases. Graph from Factcheck.org, based on data from Kaiser Family Foundation.
Take action today:
- Call your US House Representative at 202-224-3121
- Write your Representative here ➜ https://goo.gl/89LgNe
If you need some help talking to Congressional staff. (1) Say you are against Trumpcare and share your story or a fact that is compelling to you or (2) follow some of the ideas suggested below.
- Helpful call script ideas
- Hello, my name is [NAME]. I am from [CITY] and my ZIP code is [#####].
- I am calling to ask you to reject the Republican healthcare plan, the “American Health Care Act.”
- This legislation will mean 24 million more Americans will not have health insurance.
- It would hike premiums for older, low-income Americans, while giving tax cuts to the wealthy.
- We need a healthcare plan that expands coverage for hardworking American families and lowers the costs for coverage, but this plan would do the opposite.
- When so many families are still struggling to get the care they need, this giveaway to the rich is unacceptable.
- I urge you to oppose the “American Health Care Act” or as many are calling it “Trumpcare”
Let’s keep fighting together!