President Trump’s approval rating dropped to a new low of 37%. For context, that is lower than President Obama’s all time low in 8 years that he was in office which was 38%.
It doesn’t take an expert to realize that the reason folks are not happy with President Trump, and the reason that number has fallen a lot in the last week, is that folks think this Trump/GOP replacement (aka Trumpcare) is wrong for them, wrong for their family, and wrong for the country.
This replacement plan will raise premiums, throw millions off their insurance, will hurt seniors and children who get care through Medicaid, and will threaten the solvency of Medicare.
Ready to take action?
Call your US House Representative at 202-224-3121
- Call your US House Representative at 202-224-3121
- Write your Representative here ➜ https://goo.gl/89LgNe
If you need some help talking to Congressional staff. (1) Say you are against Trumpcare and share your story or a fact that is compelling to you or (2) follow some of the ideas suggested below.
- Helpful call script ideas
- Hello, my name is [NAME]. I am from [CITY] and my ZIP code is [#####].
- I am calling to ask you to reject the Republican healthcare plan, the “American Health Care Act.”
- This legislation will mean 24 million more Americans will not have health insurance.
- It would hike premiums for older, low-income Americans, while giving tax cuts to the wealthy.
- We need a healthcare plan that expands coverage for hardworking American families and lowers the costs for coverage, but this plan would do the opposite.
- When so many families are still struggling to get the care they need, this giveaway to the rich is unacceptable.
- I urge you to oppose the “American Health Care Act” or as many are calling it “Trumpcare”
Let’s keep fighting together!